Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10-24-11

Today in Alexanders class Heather and I did our patient education skit.  It was pretty funny.  I kept telling her she needed to keep it together and not laugh and I was the one who couldnt control myself.  It was pretty hard to speak clearly with those teeth in I felt like I was spitting.  I tell ya Im country at heart ( minus the teeth).  I found the speaker today, Dr. Pobanz, to be pretty interesting for the first little while anyway.  I was really interested in the brackets he says he uses.  He said they dont need the elastics around each one and cause less pressure when moving the teeth.  Im kind of feeling it out right now cause my daughter needs braces and I have already had a consultation with another orthodontist.  It just makes me wonder though cause everyone thinks what they are doing is the best practice so its good to hear different opinions.  I was impressed at how he will not treat if the patient has poor hygiene and he will suspend tx if they are not being meticulous in bifilm removal.

1 comment:

  1. Marcy... Your skit was hilarious! I was laughing so hard that I had tears running down my face! Lol. I liked Dr. Pobanz also and all his different techniques. I am totally going to take my kids to see him and get his opinion for when to start braces... both my kids have a posterior cross bite and what he was saying kinda freaked me out... I don't need or want them to have one side of their jaw longer! That would suck!

    ReplyDelete