Wednesday, November 23, 2011

VA and the day before Thanksgiving

I went to the VA today, the day before Thanksgiving, and I thought it would be dreadful but to my surprise it wasnt so bad.  I half expected them to let us out early but come to find out they dont even get the day after Thanksgiving off so the day before is nothing special either.  It was a good day though.  I got some good classifications and some xrays which were much needed.  I really realized today how important it is to have good, sharp instruments.  They just dont do a thing if they are dull.  I do however wonder if there is even any hope for the ones at the VA.  I sharpened and sharpend and I was still having problems.  I was getting pretty frustrated. I am going to start opening my instruments and sharpening them before my patient even comes so I dont feel so rushed.  Hopefully that will help.

2 comments:

  1. Are you really going to punish me at 7:30 in the morning listening to that? I can hear it now...eeekkkk, scratch, screeetch, eeeeick "dang and thing still isnt sharp" eeeekkkkk and it continues. Cant you just explain to me about arestin instead? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! I had that experience with my own instruments! Boy, do I need to sharpen those babies!

    ReplyDelete